Alumni of St. John’s, Westwood
Over the decades, Westwood Church has been blessed to be a ‘sending church’, providing discipleship and a Jesus-centred community to those who come to the areas for university, work and other callings, before sending them on the next places, jobs and callings that God has for them. God has put it on our hearts to try to reconnect with the many Westwood alumni as he has called us to provide an opportunity for them to give back into the ongoing life of the church (you can see David’s open letter here and read about our Building Project here).
If you used to be a part of Westwood Church, we would love to hear your stories about your time here and to offer you some ways to stay in touch. Please know that we’re still experimenting with the best ways to do this, and we would love to hear your ideas, too! Here are some starting points:
- You can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org – send us your stories and ideas, or ask for more information about any of the following.
- We run two training weekends each year for the leaders of our Missional Communities, which you would be very welcome to attend. If there is sufficient interest, we could also provide a video connection.
- We would love to give you the opportunity to pray for one another, us for you and you for us. You may want to coordinate prayer groups by text or email with your friends still attending Westwood.
- We would love to see groups of alumni meet at church to celebrate each other and thank God for their time here – if you would like to organise an event at Westwood, get in touch with the office to find out when the rooms are available (email@example.com).
- We have created an Alumni group on Facebook as a point of contact for those who are interested. If you would like to join, the page is here.